Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Vintage Tea Table

Each fall, the ladies ministry at my church holds an annual "Celebration Tea". Women in the church volunteer to host tables, which entails decorating a table for eight in any theme. The food committee provides the tea and treats which are both beautiful and delicious. The menu this year included:
  • bowtie pasta salad in Parmesan cones
  • herbed chicken salad sandwiches with cranberry peach chutney
  • oven roasted shrimp on cornmeal scones with balsamic roasted tomato salsa
  • ranch cream cheese baby carrots
  • chocolate dipped chocolate mousse Oreos
  • peach blueberry cheesecake bars
  • orange praline pecans

YUM!!! Comment or email if you want any of the recipes.

Every year, there are several fall and Christmas tables. I personally have created an Americana table (the year my brother served in Iraq), a bird table (using and in honor of my grandmommie's bird collection), a Valentine table (my b-day is Feb 11), and a vintage table. I have actually done this theme twice, but this year was my favorite.

Cupcake Nana helped me secure some of these items. Lots of ladies stopped by to say their mother/grandmother (and sometimes themselves) wore Evening in Paris.


My grandmommie's old jewelry box, with her hankies and mostly costume jewelry spilling out. I used pieces from both of my grandmothers. I purchased all the plates, saucers, and cups second hand. I admit to spending $3 on a little green saucer, but most everything else was not more than $1, with several pieces being even less. You can barely make out the favor I gave each woman at my table - a sweet silver heart bookmark. These cost about 50 cents to make and can be done in less than 1 minute. I promise to post directions and a link to where I found this great idea! PS If you enlarge this photo, don't worry about seeing something floating in the water pitcher. It's just edible violets I picked from my yard in the spring and then froze into ice cubes.

Mints leftover from Miss M's tea party - they have been in the freezer since July! More about the mints here and the party here. I gifted our Pastor's wife with this little pedestal dish I made. There is another one not in this shot that I gave to the guest speaker. Curious to know how I made them? Check back soon!
Sara served two and half years in Nigeria and hosted this lovely table.

A spring themed table...

I seriously considered a candy table...so fun! Instead, I plan to do a cupcake theme next year!

So serene and calm...

Each hostess provides a favor for her guests and ladies at this table received a snowflake pattern fleece blanket!

My friend at add a few sprinkles did this elegant table using items from her husband's home country of Latvia.

There were several more equally lovely and creative tables, but I was unable to make my around the room and photos of all of them. The best part of the afternoon was hearing the speaker share about difficult times in her life when not only was she faithful to trust God, but He was faithful to His promises. What a blessing to hear someone who truly gives thanks to God in all things.

1 comment:

  1. Those tables are all beautiful! I especially like the table with the lemon centerpiece. PS Your blog background is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails