Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Funnies

I recently completed the adult summer reading program at my local library. The children completed theirs weeks ago - with some help from mom of course! At dinner last night, I announced my accomplishment of reading TEN books since the first week of June. No one was impressed. Husband wasn't - probably because he doesn't read for pleasure....ever...except once a year when he is preparing his fantasy baseball team and picks up a copy of The Fantasy Baseball Guide.

Miss M remarked, "What? You only had to read ten books? I had to read for hours and hours!"

So, what did I read?
by Francine Rivers: Her Mother's Hope, The Atonement Child
by David Lewis: Coming Home
by Beverly Lewis: The Sunroom, The Shunning, The Confession, The Reckoning, The Covenant, The Betrayal, The Sacrifice

Yes...a theme is noted. Beverly Lewis writes a lot of books set in Amish communities and I got hooked on two separate 3 book series. Now maybe I will win a prize from the drawing for all my hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails