Sunday, June 27, 2010

Big Boy Room

Well, the bed is finally finished and Mr C was so very anxious to get it inside and try it out. We had a family outing Saturday morning to search for a mattress and a few other items for the new room. We lucked out and found a great closeout deal on the mattress set and linens for a steal at a Sears going out of business sale. (Side note: I really like Sears best of all the department stores in my area. Always great prices, good value for the $$, and classic styles that are not too trendy.)

Mr C wanted a sport theme but I wanted vintage inspired colors rather then the typical colors in a sport themed room. (Meaning not fire engine red, white, bright blue...) I was really excited to find just the thing at Sears. It's a Disney line and the package reads "Inspired by the 1940's Goofy's How to be a Sports Fan Cartoons" . I didn't know exactly what I was looking for until I saw it, but this was it! All total, we spent about $60 for all the linens, pillows included.

 Miss M approves of the new bed too! The stickers are actually removable vinyl we scored for 50% off at Hobby Lobby. The bed you will remember, was a thrift store find that started out like this.

I was so excited to find a navy bedspread rather than a comforter. I think bedskirts are a hassle! He is extra pleased about the pennant shaped pillow.
This valance matches the pillows and was only $10; you can hardly buy the fabric at that price! The walls look a little yellow in this shot, but they are more of a light khaki.
This dresser was used by my dad, myself, my brother, Miss M. and now Mr C. More vinyl decals from Hob Lob. The ball drawer pulls are from there as well, but at $3.99 each I could only get three. I check the ad each week for a sale though so I can get more!

We still have to hang some artwork and get going on a bookcase for the room but the hard work is mostly done! I really like working together as a family on this project. It's just another thing we can look back and say "remember when". At then end of the day, that's one of the greatest things about a family.

1 comment:

  1. I love love love the bedroom! It sure looks wonderful to me!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails