Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Welcome Summer!

I really need to get back in to this blogging thing. Wow - almost two months since my last post! Today was the first day of summer vacation. It's a little bittersweet because Mr. C will be starting kindergarten in the fall. Because of that, I want the summer to stretch out but I know that instead August will come rushing up to me.
But enough of that sappy stuff - on to welcoming summer!
 A few months ago, I bought a Groupon for a one half hour carriage ride around the base of the Arch. Today's weather was perfect for the outing. A mild 78 degrees, with sun and a slight breeze. Add two silly children and an "aunt" and the day was complete!








I think Mr. C's favorite part was sitting on the banks of the river and throwing driftwood in! We also enjoyed watching a few boats on the water and the tour helicopter as well. A stop by Jilly's Cupcakes for an afternoon sugar rush and the day one of summer was pretty much in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails