#1 If you had to go back and change one thing in your life,
would you and what would it be?
I would tell the pre-teen and teen Cupcake Mama to loosen up and not worry so much about what other people think. The truth is, most folks are too concerned with themselves to care much at all about you are doing. I have learned that it is OK to shake things up a bit sometimes and do the unexpected!
#2 Choose four people for this award and then inform them of the nomination.
Nikki: because she really is versatile...recipes, crafts, outings, photos, parties...a great creative inspiration for me, plus she usually includes her children.
Ali: all about being a pastor's wife, music teacher, newly homeschooling their crew of 4.
Room Mom: a great site with thrifty treats, games, and gifts for the elementary set. Especially helpful since I am once again Miss M's room parent!
Julie: I don't know this blogger in real life (she's a friend of a friend) but I like her posts and observations written to encourage mothers.
#3 Say thank you to the person who awarded you.
Thanks Mrs B. It's funny that we met in real life, but I feel like I know more about you now through your blog! Still thinking "Me??" but thank you just the same!
#4 Share seven things about yourself.
1. I have only been out of the country once, to Mexico as a child. I am getting a passport for a summer trip to Cozumel though!
2. My favorite birthday dinner cooked by mom is pinto beans, fried potatoes, and sweet cornbread.
3. I never wanted to be a teacher when I was growing up. Never say never.
4. Worried about my salvation a few years ago...thankful everyday that God and I got that all cleared up.
5. I drive a 2004 Grand Marquis. Yes, it is a grandma car and we even bought it from my grandmother! But, it's roomy, comfy, paid for, and reliable. Besides, you have to be pretty cool to be under 40 and drive a grandma car!
6. I frequently fall asleep during movies....even once at the theater with my children at 10 AM!
7. I talk to my mom at least once a day on the phone and my dad about 3-5 times a week. My children talk to at least one of them just about everyday as well.