Sunday, June 7, 2009

Vacation Pictures & Catching Up

As mentioned last week, the wee ones and I met some of the family in Branson for a little vacation. Mr C enjoyed the pool and tram ride in the Silver Dollar City parking lot the best! As you know, Miss M has a need for speed and that was met by some of the bigger rides, although she wasn't tall enough for the big coasters. (I don't think she would have ridden them anyway!)

Miss M being "robbed"
on the train. I was
a little scared of this
as a child, but she
took it in stride.










One of the few rides
Mr C could go on,
but he still found
plenty of fun
things to do.









Miss M, Aunt Jennifer,
and Uncle Nathan on the
kiddie coaster.
























Relaxing with Nana...notice Mr C is holding Nana down so she won't get away! (Like she would...with a cutie like him sitting there!!)



Pool Time!

























This shot was NOT staged - he crawled into bed, set up his pillow and dog Bob, pulled up the blanket, and asked for "me read Mama" - then crossed his leg on his knee and proceeded to check out the brochure for the animal show we were going to see in the morning.


The MOPS garage sale didn't raise as much as last year, but we were still pleased and very blessed by the proceeds. I have only been to the airport in Nashville and I am looking forward to exploring the city a little.

Finally, I think our strawberry plants are just about spent for the season. I was able to pick enough after church though for this VERY fresh strawberry pie! The green beans should be ready for picking in another week or two and the cucumbers are looking good too. It has been a little wet for the okra, but it will do well in the dry and hot days later this summer. Our tomato plants are looking a little weak though, so I might give them a boost with some additional fertilizer this week. Also, about fertilizer...I have been thinking about having a compost bin for the garden....any of you have experience in this area?


I will leave you with a shot of the above mentioned berry pie....Andy and I had a slice after I took the picture...YUMMY!! Safety fair in the morning and then working on a paper mache sheep for VBS tomorrow afternoon with a gal from church. Depending on how they look, we might post a picture or two of that later!














"so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:17-19


1 comment:

What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails