Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Homemade Sidewalk Chalk


This month has been the coolest July on record in my city, so the wee ones and I have been outside more than we usually would have been this late in the summer. We are always looking for new fun things to create outside and this book usually doesn't fail deliver!




The recipe is simple and made made with ingredients from the pantry.

1. Mix 1/4 C cornstarch and 1/4 C cold water in a small plastic bowl.
2. Add food coloring and stir.



Although it takes a little work to get good coverage from the lighter colors, we found that pink worked really well. We also experimented with brushes and decided that a soft, medium size brush seemed to work the best. We also have really bumpy concrete so I don't know if that made a difference or not.
Miss M's cupcake...what else would she paint?

I know some of you are waiting on the party mint post...it is almost finished I promise! Other fun things to check back for later...tea party pics, fun napkin rings and tea party cookie favors Cupcake Nana made and will be bringing when she arrives tomorrow or Thursday! Oh, and I think I will be getting back my mug from the pottery painting a few weeks ago - anxious to see how it turned out. I also will post a pic of a vintage gift that Miss M will be receiving from me.
The big party day is Saturday and lots to do before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails